This article provides an alternate method for imaging a flash drive with the USB BMR environment. You might use this method when you have trouble imaging a USB stick with the Datto appliance or if you cannot be on-site with the Datto appliance to start the image.
You should have the following items available when starting this process:
- USB stick that is between 8 to 32 GB
- Latest copy of Rufus
Obtaining the ISO
The USB BMR environment image file can be downloaded here. Once the image file has downloaded, proceed to the next section.
Imaging the Flash Drive
Once you have obtained the image file, proceed as follows.
- Attach the USB drive to your machine, and open Rufus.
Choose the following settings for imaging your flash drive:
- Device: Choose the drive letter which corresponds to your flash drive
- Partition Scheme: Choose MBR for UEFI or BIOS
- File System: Choose NTFS or FAT32
- Cluster Size: 16 KB will suffice
- Format Options: Quick Format, Create a bootable disk, and Create extended label are checked. Also, check in Check device for bad blocks (1 Pass).
- Select the image file for use, select ISO image from the drop down menu, and click the disc icon next to Create a bootable disk using.
- Select Start.