This article explains new data removal features on the Datto appliance. You can now "Delete All Local" and/or "Delete All Cloud" recovery points from any protected machine. This feature allows users to free up space on a Datto appliance and/or in the Cloud.
To delete the local and/or cloud data for a protected machine, follow these steps:
- Log into the web interface for the Datto appliance.
- Click on the Protect tab.
- You will see a list of Backup Agents. Find the one for which you want to remove data, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 - Backup Agents
- Click on the Manage Recovery Points link for that machine.
Figure 2 - Data Deletion buttons
- You will see buttons for Delete All Local and Delete All Cloud.
- If you click the Delete All Local button, you will get a confirmation box. Type in "delete all local data" and click Confirm. You will see that it is "Deleting all local data ..."
Figure 3 - Delete All Local Data
- If you click the Delete All Cloud button, you will get a confirmation box. Type in "delete all cloud data." Then, if you wish to stop sending backups offsite for this agent, check in the box. Last, click Confirm.
Figure 4 - Delete All Cloud Data