How do I install Backupify for G Suite in the EMEA or APAC regions?
- Backupify 1.0 for G Suite
1. Open a private browsing or incognito window, then log into G Suite as a super admin user (only super admins can set up a Backupify account). From the G Suite admin page, choose Apps.
Figure 1: G Suite admin page
2. Click the plus sign to add Marketplace apps.
Figure 2: Add Marketplace apps
3. In the Marketplace, search for Backupify, then click the icon to install.
Figure 3: Backupify app installation
4. Click through the installation wizard to complete the installation.
Figure 4: Complete the installation
5. Open a new tab in an incognito window and navigate to app.backupify.com. On this page, click Start a free trial, then click Google Apps for Business and select yes to the question Are you a super admin?
Figure 5: Verify super admin permissions
6. You will now see the Backupify signup screen. Fill out the information, making sure to input the email address you used to log into your Google environment.
Figure 6: Fill out account information
7. On the next screen click Login to your trial account.
Figure 7: Trial account login
8. On the Backupify login page, enter the credentials that you created into the Backupify Credentials section.
Figure 8: Backupify login
9. The Onboarding Wizard will open. Click Continue.
Figure 9: The onboarding wizard
10. Choose the geographically appropriate storage region.
Figure 10: Choose the storage region
11. On the User Management screen, choose Select which accounts you would like to back up to manually add users from the list. Choose Upload CSV to import a spreadsheet of users. After selecting users, click Save.
Trial accounts are limited to a max of 500 users. Attempting to upload a CSV with more than 500 users will result in a failure.
Figure 12: Select accounts, either manually or by uploading a .CSV file
12. The Backupify setup process is now complete. Click Finish to exit the wizard and go to the Backupify dashboard. Backupify will take initial backups, and G Suite is now protected. Visit the Backupify for G Suite knowledge base for additional support.