This article explains configuring your WAN for a static IP address.
By default, your DNA appliance comes configured with Port 1 as the WAN interface. Other default settings are:
- IP is Auto-assigned by my ISP
- Use ISP-assigned DNS
To configure your WAN for a static IP address:
- Log in to https://www.dna.datto.com.
- Select the DNA whose configurations you want to edit.
- In the upper right corner of the DNA user interface, click Manage.
- (Optional) To change the WAN description or the WAN port, select the "Primary WAN" option under Active Config Cards in the left pane.
- To assign a static IP address, select the Static Address option under Primary WAN. Your browser will automatically scroll to the Config card.
In the resulting card, add the static address, subnet mask (using dotted quad notation) and the default gateway.
- To assign a specific DNS server to your WAN, select the "Add Static Address" option below Primary WAN. Your browser window will automatically scroll to the Config card.
Add all information to the Custom DNS section, including the DNS domain and, if necessary, the Search Domain. Note that if you choose the "Custom" option from the Nameservers drop down menu, you must specify both Primary and Secondary nameservers.