This article explains how to configure, access, and use the Aptio Setup Utility to access a SIRIS 3 Professional or SIRIS 3 X Professional through IPMI.
- Datto SIRIS 3 Professional
- Datto SIRIS 3 X Professional
Before you can access the Datto appliance's remote management interface, you will need to configure IPMI. See the GUI: Network Settings article for more information.
Login to IPMI
Now that you have an IP address defined for the dedicated IPMI port, you can connect to the IPMI web interface. To connect from the Partner Portal, see How Do I Access IPMI on SIRIS 3 devices Remotely From the Partner Portal? To connect via the LAN, follow the steps below.
- Go to a computer that is connected to the same LAN as the Datto, and open a web browser.
- In the address bar of your web browser, enter the IP address you configured for the IPMI port.
- When you get the login page, enter your credentials:
- Username: admin
- Contact Tech Support for the password
Figure 1 - IPMI Login
You are now remotely logged into the Datto device's management interface. Here you can control power, monitor system health, and add virtual media such as CD, DVD ROM, floppy disk images.
Change User Password
For security reasons, we recommend that you change your password right away. Follow these steps to do so:
- From the top drop-down menu, hover over Configuration, and select Users.
Figure 2 - Configuration Menu
- Select the admin user, and then click Modify User.
Figure 3 - User Management
- Select the Change Password check-box, and enter your new password. Then, click Modify.
Figure 4 - Modify User
- When you get the message Modified user successfully, click OK.
- Once you've changed the administrator password, disable the anonymous user. To do so, go through the same process to modify the anonymous user, and un-check the box that says Enable. Click the Modify button to finish the process.
- If there are any extra administrator accounts, disable them as well.
Launching Remote Console
The Aptio Setup Utility allows you to launch a remote console session into the Datto appliance. To use this console, you must have Java installed on your workstation. To launch a session, follow these steps:
- Click the Remote Control tab. Then, click Console Redirection, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5 - Remote Control Menu
- Click the Java Console button.
Figure 6 - Console Redirection
- You will be prompted with a few warnings about the downloaded file. Click to download and keep the file.
Figure 7 - Keep the file
- Click the jviewer file to launch the console. You will then see the console window as shown in Figure 8.
Figure 8 - JViewer Console Window
Accessing the Datto Appliance Command Line
If you would like to access the command line of the Datto appliance through IPMI, follow these steps:
- Go into the Keyboard Layout menu, and click SoftKeyboard. Choose the layout you wish to use.
Figure 9 - Soft Keyboard
- Click these keys: ctrl + alt + F1
Figure 10 - ctrl + alt + F1
- You will then see the Datto OS command line.
Figure 11 - Command Line
- When you are finished using the command line, click ctrl + alt + F8 to get back to the GUI.
Server Power Control
Another great feature of the Setup Utility is the ability to control power options, even if the device is fully powered down. To access this feature, click the Power menu, as shown in Figure 12.
Figure 12 - Power Control
The power control options are as follows:
- Reset Server: reboots the server without fully powering down
- Immediate Shutdown: forces an immediate shutdown
- Orderly Shutdown: shuts down the server gracefully
- Power On Server: powers on the server
- Power Cycle Server: powers down the server completely and then powers it back on