When downloading large exports, we recommend using a download manager, such as the DownThemAll! download manager, to streamline the download of the export from your end.
If you have a Mac computer, we recommend either Progressive Downloader (http://www.macpsd.net/) or the Firefox add-on DownThemAll! (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/). If you have a Windows machine, we would recommend the same Firefox add-on DownThemAll! for Windows. All of these applications are free to use and should be able to improve the download process as much as possible. Downloads are being retrieved from Amazon's servers, so a persistent and reliable connection with their servers should not contribute to any problems with your download.
If you are using a web browser's native download manager, it may lead to a failed download. As a result, whenever you need to download a large export we like to recommend they use a third party download manager that allows you to pause and resume your downloads from the point that they stopped.
To use DownThemAll! with Backupify (once DownThemAll! is installed):
- Find the export you need to download in the Backupify application (under the user's service tab, click History)
- Right click on the Download link next to the completed Export, and select Copy Link Address
- Pull up Firefox, and paste the URL you've copied into the navigation bar
- A DownThemAll! dialog box will pop up... select the 'dTa OneClick! radio button, and hit OK
- A Downloads dialog box will launch where you can monitor the download from there
NOTE: Instructions on how to use DownThemAll! for batch URL importing are attached to this article. Also attached is a how-to on using a similar product (FreeDownloadManager) in case the customer is unable to use DownThemAll!
Note: If you'd like your exports shipped to you directly on a hard drive, click here.
To contact Backupify support, please click here to submit a Support Request, or give us a call at 1-800-518-7449.