How do I share files and folders with Datto Drive?
There are four ways to share files and folders:
- Local users/groups (via local users)
- Other ownCloud/Datto Drive users (via Federated Cloud)
- Other users (via Share link)
- External storage (connection to other File Sync and Share services)
This article covers local users and groups and link sharing. For federated cloud, see the article Federated Cloud Sharing.
Local Users / Groups
Local users and groups are users and groups that are created on your instance of Datto Drive. To set up and manage these users and groups, see the article Adding and Managing Users and Groups in Datto Drive.
To share a file or folder, follow these steps:
- Click in the Share icon for that file.
- Start typing the name of the user or group you want to share with.
- Change the user/group permissions as desired.
To share an item via link, click on the Share icon for that item. Then, select the Share link check box.