This article discusses how to add custom site or team Site collections to SaaS Protection/Backupify for Office 365. You can use either the MS Office website to copy your sites, or you can use PowerShell to generate a CSV file.
Adding via MS Office website
To add a custom/team site collection via the Microsoft website:
- Log in to Office and click the Admin option.
- In the Admin panel, expand the Admin Centers section of the drop-down menu and select the SharePoint option.
- Select all addresses and copy them to your clipboard. The application will filter extraneous text, so it's okay to copy other text from the page.
- Log in to SaaS Protection/Backupify for Office 365 and click the Users button from the toolbar at the top.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Paste URLs from clipboard button.
- Paste the text into the box, and your sites will be added automatically.
Adding via PowerShell
To create custom/team site collections via PowerShell:
- Create a custom CSV file in PowerShell by issuing the following commands while authenticated to your SharePoint instance. This will create a CSV file with a single column called "URL," which is the only column necessary.
Add-PSSnapin "Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell" Get-SPWebApplication http://yourwebapp.com | Get-SPSite | Select Url | Out-Csv export.csv
- Log in to SaaS Protection/Backupify for Office 365 and click the Users button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Upload button under CSV Site Collection Upload.
- Following the prompt, select the CSV file you just created and click Upload File.
Backing up Microsoft Teams data
Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify does not currently back up Microsoft Teams separately. To ensure Teams data is backed up, include it in OneDrive or Sharepoint. The data will be accessible to the file's owner.