How do I set up and log in with two-factor authentication?
- Two Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication requires that each of your employees permissioned to access your firm's Partner Portal account have an associated mobile phone number. Employees authenticate via their phones.
Enabling Two-Factor Authentication
1. In the Partner Portal, click the Admin tab and select Manage Employees from the drop-down menu.
2. Select Yes for the option to enable two-factor authentication for your partner account.
Setting up for Authentication
1. Each of your permissioned employees should download the Authy app on the mobile device associated with their phone number. Authy is available for free for Windows, iOS, and Android.
2. On the Manage Employees page, edit each employee's profile to include their mobile phone number.
When logging into the Partner Portal, employees will be prompted to enter an authentication key.
At this point, the tech must authenticate via ANY ONE of the following options:
- Authy OneTouch. Entering credentials into the Partner Portal triggesr an alert in the Authy app on the tech's mobile device. Swiping the alert completes the authentication.
- Request the portal to send an SMS token to the relevant phone number. Entering the key in the Token or Security Key field and then clicking Sign In completes the authentication.
Two-Factor Authentication for end users
As the administrator, you can also enable two-factor authentication for end users at your clients' sites:
1. Have the end users download and install the Authy app to their mobile phones, as above.
2, In the Partner Portal, click Admin and select Manage Clients from the drop-down menu.
4. On the Manage Clients page, edit each employee's profile to include their mobile phone number.
If you lose your phone, you can continue accessing accessing your Partner Portal account after performing a 2 factor authentication reset or resetting your phone number once you have a new one.
- If you have the same phone number as before, you only have to reinstall the Authy app to regain access.
- If your phone number has changed, go to https://www.authy.com/phones/change to reset your number. Click the I don’t have access to my phone button at the bottom of the screen to get started. Once submitted, the process can take up to 72 hours to complete.
- Consider installing Authy on multiple devices that use the same phone number (e.g., iPhone and iPad).