This article is a user guide for Datto's new Direct Restore Utility. This utility is a Windows executable that lets you mount an iSCSI file restore of any recovery point from your Datto appliance with the following benefits:
- The utility is very easy to use.
- Files retain their permissions when you transfer them from the utility back to your Windows desktop.
- You can restore files touched by Windows deduplication.
- You can restore files touched by Windows file encryption.
- Download the Direct Restore Utility from download.datto.com.
- Close all other applications.
- Run the installer program. When installation is complete, you can choose to launch the Direct Restore Utility right away.
Figure 1 - Installation Complete
- When the utility starts up, you will see a login dialog box, as shown in Figure 2. Click the drop-down in the Host field to see a list of all Datto appliances on the network.
Figure 2 - Choose the host
- Then, enter
backup-adminas the Username and fill in the Password field. Check the box if you want to save the password.
Figure 3 - User and Password
- You will then see the option to choose the Agent and Snapshot that you want to mount. Click Mount, and the session will show up in the Active Sessions box.
Figure 4 - File Restore Sessions
- The restore is mapped to the next available drive letter, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5 - The restore shows up as the next available drive letter
- You can use the mounted recovery point as you wish. To unmount a session, return to the Direct Restore Utility, click the session, and then click Unmount Selected or Unmount All.
Notes and restrictions:
- This utility does not work on Windows 2000.
- This utility will not mount a recovery point from a Mac as a drive in Windows.
- If your restore does not show up as a drive in Windows, open Disk Management, right click on the drive, and select Online. It should then show up with a drive letter.
- If there is data corruption in the recovery point, you will not be able to chkdsk the disk. If you need help recovering from corruption, contact Technical Support.