This article explains how to provision Datto SaaS Protection Not-for-Resale (NFR) for your organization.
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.5 for Office 365 (all regions)
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.5 for G Suite (all regions)
Datto offers its paying partners access to Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365 and Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite at no charge for training and demonstration purposes through a Not-for-Resale (NFR) program.
- Only partners with administrator permissions can request, access, and view an NFR account.
- Partners can have one Office 365 tenant and one G Suite instance as NFR.
- Datto SaaS Protection will default to time-based retention (TBR) for new NFR accounts. See Understanding licensing and commitment terms to learn more about retention types.
Onboarding an NFR client
1. In the Datto Partner Portal, click the Status tab, then select SaaS Protection Status from the drop-down menu.
2. On the SaaS Protection Status page, click the ADD SAAS PROTECTION CLIENT button.
3. The Add SaaS Protection Client dialog box will appear. Fill out the following sections:
Adding the client
- Select or create client: Enter a new client's name, or select an existing client from the drop-down menu.
- Is this a Not For Resale account? Select Yes. This option will only appear if there is no existing NFR account.
- Region where data is stored: Choose the geographically appropriate storage region.
- Select which product will be backed up: Choose Office 365 or G Suite.
- Select commitment term and retention type: The commitment term and retention will be preset to TBR and month to month per current NFR policy.
- Who will manage this SaaS Protection service? This option will be preset to Partner Managed for NFR accounts.
- Do you have global admin credentials for the Office 365 tenant you are protecting?: Select Yes or No. See Setting up client-managed Datto SaaS Protection accounts without client credentials to learn more.
- Users Auto-Add: Enable Auto-add to automatically new users as the system discovers them to the NFR account.
- Enable User License Cap: this feature caps the number of licenses the system can use through Auto-Add. Select this check box to activate the license cap, then use the Enter cap field to select the license cap number. For more information on license caps, see Setting your license cap.
Complete the onboarding process as specified in the Adding a new Datto SaaS Protection Client article.
- If you need an account to be converted to an NFR account that aligns with our NFR policy, contact your Datto Sales Executive.
- If you would like to add a second product to your NFR account, Select that client name in the Partner Portal. The UI will default to the other product type.