How do I enroll users in learning plans in Datto Academy?
- Datto Academy
This article explains the procedure for Datto Academy Power Users to enroll individuals or groups in learning plans in Datto Academy.
What is a power user?
A Datto Academy power user is vested with additional administrative privileges on the Datto Academy. By default, users classified as the Primary Account Owner or Administrator in the Partner Portal are given power user functions on the Datto Academy. You must be a power user to enroll individuals or groups in learning plans.
What is a learning plan?
A learning plan is a collection of courses designed to be taken together to achieve a certification, competency, or shared skill set. When enrolling a user in a learning plan, they subsequently get enrolled in every course contained in that learning plan. Datto recommends enrolling users in learning plans rather than individual courses.
1. As a Datto Academy power user, navigate to the upper-right hand corner of the Datto Academy and click the gear icon to bring down power user functions:
Figure 2: Select Manage under Learning Plan (click to enlarge)
3. Find the learning plan you are looking for and click the silhouette icon.
Figure 3: The Learning Plans page (click to enlarge)
4. On the Assign Users page, click Assign Users.
- At the prompt, you can select the users you are enrolling, as well as individuals already enrolled. The search box can narrow your search for specific users you wish to enroll. Click Confirm when finished.
- On the left-hand side of the dialog box, you can select Groups, which will give you a list of groups you can enroll. A group is a collection of users.
- The Branch designation is designed to be used by Datto Academy administrators rather than power users.
Figure 5: Confirm enrolled users (click to enlarge)
5. To unenroll a user, click the X icon and confirm unassignment. The user will remain subscribed to all the courses for the learning plan; they will only be unassigned from the learning plan schema.