You are seeing a banner in the Datto device GUI that says "Your device has expired."
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto NAS
Datto appliances must have an active service contract to continue functioning.
If you see the errors described in this article on a Datto device, it means that:
- Its service contract has expired, or
- An issue on the device is preventing it from downloading updated service information.
When your device's service expires, a yellow warning banner will appear in its GUI. The appliance will continue to function for a grace period of 30 days.
Figure 1: Expired device in 30-day grace period.
If you do not restore service to the device within 30 days. backups, retention, and offsite synchronization will stop functioning. The appliance will display a red banner in the GUI, letting you know that these functions are no longer enabled. Datto will data in the cloud for 60 days after service expires.
Figure 2: Expired device outside 30-day grace period.
1. Check the device's billing status in the partner portal.
2. Contact Datto Technical Support. A technician will help determine if your appliance's service has expired, or if a technical issue is preventing the device from communicating with its Datto server.
- If your device has an expired service contract, Technical Support will assist with connecting you to your Sales Executive to renew its service.
- If your device has an active service contract, but a service expiration alert is present in the GUI, Technical Support will work to resolve the underlying issue as quickly as possible.