This article discusses user management in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite
You can find user management functions on the user status screen. To access it from the main dashboard, click the Seat Management tab, then select Users.
On the User Settings screen, you can add or remove user accounts.
- To add a user's account, click Add Users. A page will load featuring three tabs:
- Manually Add Users
- Upload CSV
- Add by OU (organizational unit).
To manually add users
- Select one or more (up to 100) users, or choose all users by clicking the Name checkbox. Use the search form to find a specific user(s) within the list.
- Select Add Accounts to move the users to the Add Accounts to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps column.
- Click Save.
To Upload a CSV file (batch add users):
- Create a CSV file that meets ALL of the following conditions:
- A header value in Row 1, Column 1. It can say anything, but it MUST be one word and lowercase (e.g., "email")
- The following rows in Column 1 should contain lowercase email addresses of the users to add. Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps will automatically skip users that are already present
CSV files are limited to 2500 users, although you can add an additional file of users once this one is complete
- Column 1 must only contain the header and email addresses, both completely lowercase. No empty cells or capital letters
- All email domains must match the domain name for which you are uploading
To Add by OU:
- Click the Add by OU tab. Only OUs that have users in them will appear as options.
- Select the group of users to add.
- Select add accounts to move the group to the Add Accounts to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps column.
- Click Save.
To set your account to automatically add users to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps as you create them in G Suite:
- Click the username in the upper right-hand corner of the interface with your email address displayed. Click Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- From the Account Settings menu, select Domain Settings to navigate to the Auto-Add Configuration options. In the Domain Settings menu, you can configure Auto-Add for the entire domain as well as on individual OUs, allowing Backupify to automatically capture users as they are created or added to a specific OU.
If you set your account to auto-add your users from G Suite, a job runs once a day to check for new users in your G Suite domain; they are automatically added to Backupify 2.0/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0, and their backups start right away.
To remove a user's account, expand user options by clicking on the appropriate account, then click Remove this account.