How do I manage users in Backupify 2.0/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite?
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
- Backupify 2.0 for G Suite
User management functions are located on the user status screen. To access it from the main dashboard, click the users tab in the top menu.
Figure 1: click Users to access the user settings screen
On the user settings screen, you can:
- add or remove user accounts
- request zip exports
- manually perform backups for G Suite applications
Figure 2: the user settings screen
- To add a user's account, click Add Users. A page will load featuring three tabs:
- Manually Add Users
- Upload CSV
- Add by OU (organizational unit).
To manually add users
- Select one or more (up to 100) users or select all by clicking the Name checkbox. Use the search form to find specific user(s) within the list.
- Select add accounts to move the users to the Add Accounts to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps column.
- Click Save.
Figure 4: Adding Individual Users
To Upload a CSV file (batch add users):
- Create a CSV file that meets ALL of the following conditions:
- A header value in Row 1, Column 1. It can say anything, but it MUST be one word and lowercase (e.g., "email")
- The following rows in Column 1 should contain lowercase email addresses of the users to add. Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps will automatically skip users that are already present
CSV files are limited to 2500 users, although you can add an additional file of users once this one is complete.
- Column 1 must only contain the header and email addresses, both completely lowercase. No empty cells or capital letters
- All email domains must match the domain name you are uploading for
Figure 5: Adding Users via CSV
To Add by OU:
- Click the Add by OU tab. Only OUs that have users in them will appear as options.
- Select the group of users to add.
- Select add accounts to move the group to the Add Accounts to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps column.
- Click Save.
Figure 6: Adding Users via OU
If you would like to set your account to automatically add users to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps as they are created in Google Apps then you can do that.
- Click on the username in the upper right corner of the interface with your email address displayed. Click Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
Figure 7: Account Settings Selection
- From the Account Settings menu, select Domain Settings to navigate to the Auto-Add Configuration options. In the Domain Settings menu, you can configure Auto-Add for the entire domain as well as on individual OUs, allowing Backupify to automatically capture users as they are created or added to a specific OU.
Figure 8: Auto-Add Options
If you set your account to auto-add your users from Google Apps, a job runs once a day to check for new users in your Google Apps domain; they are automatically added to Backupify 2.0/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 and their backups start right away.
To remove a user's account, expand user options by clicking on the appropriate account, then click Remove this account.