How does reporting work for Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite
Navigating to the reporting page
Click the Admin tab at the top of the Backupify dashboard, then select Reporting from the drop-down menu.
Running a report
1. On the Reporting page, use the Event Class radio buttons to run the report on system events or user actions. If you choose User Actions, you must enter a user name in the User field.
2. Use the Date Range calendar to specify the report's start and end times.
3. Using the drop-down menus to specify the following parameters:
- Event type: This menu lets you specify the action taken in the event. These can be backups, exports, restores, or user management actions.
- Status: This parameter lets you search for all events, successes, or failures.
- Application: This option lets you choose the service type (Office 365 or G Suite) and the application within that service.
- User: This field lets you run the report on a specific user name.
Select All in the drop-down menus to include all report information for the parameter.
Figure 2: Reporting page options (click to enlarge)
Use the buttons at the bottom of the Reporting page options to choose your report presentation. You can select from the following options:
This option shows your report data as a graphical summary by hourly event, daily event, and item.
View event log
The View option presents the report as a detailed list. It includes the total count of failed or completed items for each backup under Items and the Failure Reason.
Figure 4: A report run by using the View option (click to enlarge)
- A: Red X's indicate a complete backup failure.
- B: Green dots indicate the backups were 100% successful.
- C: Half-green and half-orange dots indicate success but warn that there may be one or more items missing from the backup.
The item details are displayed by clicking the dropdown arrow under Items.
The item's details will vary based on the service being backed up. Use the table below for a reference of what to see under item details.
|Service||Item name||Item type|
|Gmail||Email subject||Sent or Received folder|
|Drive||Filename with extension||File type|
|Shared Drive||Filename with extension||File type|
|Calendar||Meeting title||Meeting date|
|Contacts||Contact name||Type of contact|
The Download CSV option will download the report as comma-separated-values, which you can open in a spreadsheet application.
Accounts upgraded to Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify 2.0
Accounts updated from legacy Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will still have legacy reports available for scheduling. Still, they will no longer provide useful information, as the legacy platform is no longer backing up the domain. For upgraded accounts, be sure to use the 2.0 reporting, as shown in figure 1.