This article explains the process for installing and setting up BackupifyDatto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite. Use this article to assist in creating and configuring a new Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection account.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
Install the Backupify 2.0 app from the Google Apps Store
1. Open a private browsing or incognito window, then log into G Suite as a super admin user (only super admins will be able to set up a Backupify account). From the G Suite Admin page, scroll to down to More Cloud-Based Apps and click Browse Now.
2. In the Marketplace, search for Backupify, then click the icon to install.
3. Click through the installation wizard to complete the installation.
Verify API setup
1. Log into the G Suite Admin console and click Security.
2. In Security, select API Reference.
3. Make sure to check the API Access Enabled box. Click Save Changes when finished.
Verify Drive API is enabled
1. In the Google Apps Admin console, click Apps → G Suite → Drive and Docs → Features and Applications.
2. Make sure to check the Allow Users to Access Google Drive with the Drive SDK API box. Click Save Changes when finished.
Other things to verify
Be sure to enable the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection application for all organizational units within the domain.
Verify that you enabled the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection application for all users you are trying to add.
Make sure you are not trying to add users under a subdomain.
Ensure API access and data access enabled.
Check if your domain is a subdomain of a larger primary domain.
Purchase and install Datto SaaS Protection 2.0
1. Log into the Datto Partner Portal, click Purchasing and Billing from the top menu, then select Store from the drop-down menu.
2. Select SaaS Protection.
3. Enter the email or domain name for this purchase (if this is a G Suite domain, the tool will automatically select Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite), and enter the number of seats to purchase.
5. The store will summarize your selection details and generate a monthly price quote. Click the Deploy SaaS Protection button to confirm your purchase and continue.
Start backups with Datto SaaS Protection 2.0
1. Log into to the Datto SaaS Protection Dashboard.
6. Click This product is partner-managed on the service you wish to protect, then agree to the terms and conditions. At the prompt, enter your administrator email. The system will launch the onboarding wizard.