This article discusses how you can restore data in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
To restore data, follow the instructions below:
1. From the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 dashboard, click the service you wish to restore. You can also select these services using the top navigational bar.
2. Select the user account from which to restore.
For Google Shared Drives only, after selecting the service from the dashboard, you will not see a list of users, but instead a list of shared drives associated with the selected account. Click any shared drive to view its contents.
For legacy Shared Drives snapshots taken before 2019-03-15, select a user that has access to the desired shared drive, then select the folder representing it. For more information, read the following article: Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite: How do I find and use Google Shared Drives?
3. Check the box next to the file or files you wish to restore, then click the RESTORE button.
To access and restore files within a specific folder, you can click the folder name to view its content.
4. You can click the button under Snapshot to select the point in time to restore.
If you have selected a snapshot, you will be able to browse and restore the contents of the snapshot.
For information on restoring documents with shared permissions, visit the following article: Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite: Does Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite maintain sharing permissions for Google Drive documents?