How do I restore data in Backupify 2.0/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite?
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
- Backupify 2.0 for G Suite
Navigating to the restore screen
1. From the Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify dashboard, click the service from which to restore. You can restore Drive, Mail, Calendar, and Contacts.
2. Select the user account from which to restore.
Selecting a user will display a list of objects tied to their account.
Selecting snapshots and restoring
The navigation at the top of the restore screen allows for:
- Searching for users across the domain with User
- Searching the domain for keywords in user accounts with Search
- Displaying previous exports with Export
- Displaying previous restores with Restore
Clicking the Snapshot button allows you to select the point in time from which to restore.
After selecting a snapshot, the additional selection buttons allow you to:
- Search the account you selected with Search Account
- Restore the selected snapshot with Restore
- Export the selected snapshot with Export
- Back the selected snapshot up with Backup Now
You can then browse the contents of the snapshot, and use checkboxes next to each folder and file to select them.
For information on restoring documents with shared permissions, read this article.