How do I inject RAID drivers into the ShadowProtect Recovery Environment?
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- ShadowProtect Recovery Environment
In some cases, a ShadowProtect Bare Metal Restore is ran in order to restore functionality to a server. These situations typically occur because the target machine has a software-based RAID configuration. In this situation, you must inject the RAID drivers into the ShadowProtect Recovery Environment in order to see and manipulate the RAID.
1. Create a file share on the Datto device if none are already present. The downloaded drivers will be placed into this share.
2. Download the RAID drivers from the manufacturer's download page:
3. When the download completes, extract the drivers to the file share:
4. Enter the ShadowProtect Recovery Environment, open the Tools menu, and select Load Drivers.
5. Browse for the drivers on the file share created on the Datto appliance and click Open.
6. When the driver load screen appears, click Load.
7. The drivers are now loaded, and volumes will now populate correctly.