This article describes the process for deploying the Datto Windows Agent (Version 2.0) via Datto RMM.
For Datto Windows Agent (Version 2.1) instructions, refer to Datto RMM: Deploying the Datto Windows Agent (Version 2.1).
For guidance about which Datto Windows Agent is right for your protected system, review our Getting Started with the Datto Windows Agent article.
- Datto Windows Agent 2.0
- Datto RMM
1. Download the Datto Windows Agent installer from downloads.datto.com.
2. In Datto RMM, click the Components tab, then select New Component from the drop-down menu.
3. Enter the component installation details.
4. Click Add file to browse to the downloaded Datto Windows Agent installer file.
5. Enter the batch command to start the silent install:
DattoWindowsAgent.exe /S /norestart
6. Go to the Sites tab and select Devices to see a list of available devices. Click the device or devices on which to install the Datto Windows Agent.
7. Once the device is selected, click the gear icon to schedule the installation job.
8. A list of components will appear in a pop-up window. Check the box for DWA (the Datto Windows Agent component you created)
9. On the Schedule a Job screen, name the job and select whether you would like it to run immediately, or at a scheduled time.
10. The installation job appears under Scheduled Jobs.
11. The Datto Windows Agent will install on the selected machines.