Attempting to boot a machine after running an image export results in a 7B bluescreen error, and all virtual storage controllers have been tried on the virtual machine.
- Datto ALTO
- Datto SIRIS
1. Mount the Win7 DVD in VMware Player (or mount the ShadowProtect BMR environment) and boot to it.
2. At the first screen (Language Selection), hit Shift + F10 for a command prompt and type
3. Load the system hive from the VM's disk:
- Highlight HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Click File -> Load Hive.
- Select c: \Windows\System32\config\system and rename the file. For this example, rename it to bsod.
4. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\bsod\ControlSet1\Services\intelide
5. Change the data for value Start from 3 to 0.
6. Unload the system hive by selecting File > Unload Hive. If you are unable to unload the hive:
- Close and re-open regedit.
- Highlight HKEY\LOCAL_MACHINE\bsod.
- Select File -> Unload Hive.
7. Exit regedit.
8. Reboot the VM.