This article outlines how to setup a connection to a Windows Server with 802.1x configuration to authenticate clients using a username and password.
- Datto Access Points
- Microsoft Windows Server
Setting up your access point to communicate to a 802.1x configured Windows Server will allow clients to authenticate with an Active Directory username and password. To do so:
1. Navigate to a device web session for your access point.
2. Click the Configure drop-down and choose the SSID to modify.
Figure 1: The Configure tab expanded
3. Toggle Authentication on to reveal Authentication Configuration.
Figure 2: Authentication toggled on
4. Click WPA Enterprise to reveal fields to input the WPA Enterprise server address, port, and server secret.
Figure 3: Authentication configuration
- Checklist: Configure NPS for Secure Wireless Access (external link)