How do I perform an uninstall or a reinstall of the Datto Windows Agent?
- Datto Windows Agent
Unlike ShadowSnap, the Datto Windows Agent includes an uninstall tool for removing the agent software. Datto recommends using this utility, instead of the Windows Add/Remove Programs feature, to ensure that all traces of the installed agent software are removed completely.
Removing the Datto Windows Agent
- Your installation path may vary depending on where the agent software was installed. Another typical installation path is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Datto.
Figure 1: uninst.exe
In this directory, you will see the included uninstaller,
uninst.exe. Launch this tool and follow the uninstallation steps.
2. Click Next to continue to the uninstallation.
Figure 2: Datto Windows Agent Uninstall
3. The uninstall tool will confirm the location of the agent software. This may be important if the software was installed in a non-default location. Select Uninstall to proceed.
Figure 3: Uninstallation path
4. This process may take one to two minutes to complete depending on the performance of the server or workstation that it is installed on. Once completed, you’ll see the following.
Figure 4: Uninstallation Complete
Select Show details for additional information regarding the removal of the software.
Figure 5: Show details expanded, showing all removed files and folders
5. Click Next to proceed to the final step, rebooting the server or workstation. A reboot is required to complete uninstallation of the agent. You can choose to reboot now or later.
Figure 6: The uninstall utility prompting for reboot
Once you complete the removal of the Datto Windows Agent, follow the steps in the Getting Started with the Datto Windows Agent article to install a fresh copy of the software.