This article describes how to take a manual quiesced snapshot in VMware vCenter.
- Datto SIRIS
- VMware 5.5
- VMware 6.0
- VMware 6.5
1. Log in to vCenter or your ESXi host.
2. Right-click on the name of the virtual machine that you want to snapshot.
3. Navigate to Snapshots → Take Snapshot.
4. Uncheck Snapshot the virtual machine’s memory and check Quiesce guest file system.
5. Click OK to take the snapshot.
Once the snapshot has started you will see a progress bar in the Recent Tasks box.
6. Select the snapshot and click the red X to delete the snapshot. You may need to run consolidation as well. To run consolidation, right-click the name of the virtual machine, then select Snapshot → Consolidation.
If the quiesced snapshot fails you may need to reinstall VMware tools. Contact VMware (external link) for assistance.