The article explains how to resolve common issues you may experience during initial setup of a Datto appliance.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto NAS
"No devices found" when navigating to device.dattobackup.com
1. Verify that the power cord is securely plugged in, and the device’s power LED shows green or blue.
2a. Verify that Networking Requirements for the device have been met. Some essential requirements are:
2b. The Datto is connected to a Gigabit switch, which is set to auto-negotiate duplex and speed settings (if the switch is managed).
2c. DHCP is available on the network and is able to assign an IP address to the device.
Established firewall rules allow the Datto device to check in to our servers.
3. Verify the machine you are accessing device.dattobackup.com from has the same public IP address that the Datto is checking in from.
4. Check leases on the DHCP server for “backupDevice”. Alternatively, you can look by MAC address. The Datto device’s MAC address is identical to its serial number.
5. Connect a monitor and keyboard to the Datto and verify it has an IP address.
Device update process is stuck at 50 or 51 percent
1. After 10 to 15 minutes, if the update does not progress past 50 or 51 percent, refresh the web page.
Registration process is failing
1. There may be an issue with the device name, which also functions as the hostname. The device cannot contain, special characters, spaces, and cannot be longer than 15 characters. This can always be changed after the registration process.
2. Make sure the username is not administrator or admin. This could cause the registration to appear to succeed even while not being registered in the Partner Portal.
3. Verify checkbox selected for “Allow installation of third party drivers and software”.
4. Attempt to refresh the webpage.
5. If all steps to resolve registration failures have been exhausted, reboot the device and retry the process.