How do I set up an Autotask V2 integration with my Datto device?
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto NAS
- Autotask PSA 2.0 (version 2018.1)
- Configure the Autotask integration in the Partner Portal
- Configure Autotask PSA
- Resource permissions in Autotask PSA
- Datto Alert Ticket and Configuration Item in Autotask PSA
- The Datto Alerts tab in Autotask PSA
This article explains how to configure and use the Autotask 2.0 integration with your Datto devices. The Autotask integration allows a Datto appliance to create tickets in your environment from alerts.
Before starting, ensure the following prerequisites are met:
- You have an Administrator security level in Autotask PSA.
- You have access to the credentials of an Autotask PSA user account with an API User security level. This will be used as a sync account for the integration.
- A configuration item type is set up for Datto in Autotask PSA.
Configure the Autotask integration in the Partner Portal
1. Log into the Datto Partner Portal
2. From the top menu, select Admin, then choose Integrations from the drop-down menu.
3. Select Autotask in the option bar.
Figure 2: The Integrations page
4. Enter the username and password of an Autotask PSA API User account, then click Authenticate.
Figure 3: Autotask PSA authentication
5. You will now see the Autotask PSA Integration page,
Figure 4: The Autotask PSA Integration page
This page is made up of several sections that allow you to customize and manage the Autotask PSA Integration for all your Datto devices.
In this section, the username you entered for authentication will appear in a greyed-out box. You will also see a button to enable or disable the Autotask Integration.
It is recommended that you utilize an API username and password and remove the ability to expire password.
A ticket category determines the layout of the Ticket Detail and New/Edit Ticket pages, which fields are available, and which pick list options are available.
Ticket category lets you choose any available ticket category from Autotask PSA. The ticket settings underneath will automatically populate based on the ticket category selected.
In addition to the category-specific preset settings, this section lets you customize your integration further through individual drop-down boxes. When finished, click Save Settings.
Manage Device Settings
This section contains a list of all integrated Datto devices, which you can sort by the following criteria:
- Device Name
- Serial Number
- Device Model
- Autotask Company Name
- Integration Enabled
Click the pencil icon on the far right to customize the default options for specific devices.
If this is a first-time setup for an individual device, choose the device name and company name in the modal pop-up box
Figure 5: The individual device configuration modal.
Configuring device alerts
The Datto Device Alerts categories allow you to define where the integration should send each type of alert. There are three options for each alert type:
- Email: This setting will send the alert via email, but it will not create a ticket in Autotask.
- Autotask: This setting creates a ticket in Autotask, but it will not send an email.
- Both: This setting creates a ticket in Autotask, and sends an email to the address you specify.
You must have an email address added to the Device Email alerts section of the partner portal in order to receive alerts. To add your email:
- select Devices in the partner portal drop-down menu, then choose Status 2.0
- Choose the device from which you wish to receive alerts
- Click Device Alerts on that device's information page.
See this article for more information on configuring device alerts.
Figure 6: Datto Device Alerts
Configure Autotask PSA
After the initial configuration in the Datto Partner Portal, you must configure further
settings in Autotask PSA.
1. Log into Autotask PSA.
2, Hover over the Autotask Menu, select Admin, then choose Extensions & Integrations from the sidebar menu.
Figure 7: Autotask PSA admin menu
3. Expand the Datto section and click Advanced Datto Integration.
Figure 8: Autotask PSA Admin- Extensions and Integrations
Configure resource permissions in Autotask PSA
You must individually enable PSA resources to use the Advanced Datto Integration. Permissions are enabled on the Advanced Datto Integration page. This page lists all active resources and displays their default department, security level, and primary location.
Resources with permission to access Datto will be able to see:
- links on Ticket pages and grids
- links on the Configuration Item pages and grids
- the CRM Configuration Item Mapping page
Configuring resource permissions
1. On the Advanced Datto Integration page, you will see a list of your resources. Select the check box next to the resources that you would like to enable for the advanced integration feature set within Autotask PSA. To enable access for all active resources, click the Select All check box in the header row.
Figure 9: Advanced Datto Integration
2. Click Save to save your changes. The resources must log out and log back in to PSA for the changes to take effect.
Datto Alert Ticket and Configuration Item in Autotask PSA
When the integration is configured and an alert is raised for a Datto device, a Datto alert ticket is created in Autotask PSA. The following Datto-specific information is available on the Ticket page by default:
Ticket Category: Datto Alert
Ticket Type: Alert
Datto Device Insight: This insight displays a variety of details about the Datto device. The icons at the top, from left to right, allow you to:
- Jump to the Device Web Interface to remotely connect to the device
- Open the Device at a Glance page to see an overview of the device
Figure 10: Datto Device Insight
- Configuration Item Insight: This insight displays a variety of details about the configuration item.
Figure 11: Configuration Item Insight
Click the configuration item name to open the Edit Configuration Item page. This page displays the nightly status information shared by the Datto device.
Figure 12: The Edit Configuration Item screen
Datto Tabs in Autotask PSA
Two new Datto-specific tabs are available in Autotask PSA: Datto Alerts and Datto Devices. They are configured based on the device data synced from Datto to Autotask PSA.
Accessing the Datto Alerts screen
1. In Autotask PSA, click the + sign in the dashboard tab strip, or click the dashboard icon, then select Add new tab.
2. select Start with a copy of a default tab.
3. Select Datto Alerts or Datto Devices, then click Finish.
On the Datto Alerts tab, you will see widgets that display tickets that were generated from alerts, broken down by various metrics.
Figure 13: The Alerts tab
On the Datto Devices tab, configuration items created from Datto devices are displayed.
Figure 14: The Datto Devices tab