How do I perform a bare metal restore to a Generation 2 Hyper-V virtual machine?
- Datto ALTO
- Datto SIRIS
- Generation 2 Hyper-V
1. On download.datto.com, select and download the appropriate ISO (12.04 or 16.04).
2. Attach the Datto Utilities ISO to a CD virtual drive the desired Generation 2 Hyper-V VM template.
3. Create virtual disks for each backed up disk. Datto recommends sizing the virtual disks to be at least 10% greater than its used space.
4. Configure the VM to boot from the CD virtual drive that contains the Datto Utilities ISO.
5. Boot the VM, then proceed to the Network Configuration section of the USB Bare Metal Restore: Booting the target machine from USB article, and follow all subsequent steps presented.
If the VM fails to boot with Secure Boot enabled:
1. In VM Settings, select Security, uncheck Enable Secure Boot, then reboot the VM.
Figure 2: VM security settings