How do I use Custom Data Retention in Datto SaaS Protection 2.0?
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365
Custom Data Retention (CDR) allows Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 administrators to select how long to retain user data. The default retention period is one year.
Selecting the user data retention period
From the Datto SaaS Protection dashboard, choose Settings from the top menu, then select Advanced settings from the drop-down menu.
In Advanced settings, select the retention period from the drop-down menu. You can select presets for one, two, or three years, or infinite retention.
Setting a custom retention period
To customize the retention period, select Custom from the Retention period drop-down menu, then enter the number of days to retain the data.
Pruning schedule for new clients
clients onboarded as of April 25th, 2018 will have their data subject to the following pruning schedule:
- All 3X daily user backups are retained & available for viewing for 30
- After 30 days, 1 daily backup is saved per user
- After 90 days, 1 weekly backup is saved per user
- After 1 year, 1 monthly backup is saved per user