How do I install Backupify 2.0 for G Suite?
- Backupify 2.0 for G Suite
- Open a private browsing or incognito window, then log into G Suite as a super admin user (only Super Admins will be able to set up a Backupify account). From the G suite admin page, choose Apps.
Figure 1: Choose Apps from the G Suite admin page
- Click the plus sign to add Marketplace apps.
Figure 2: Add Marketplace Apps
- In the Marketplace, search for Backupify, then click the icon to install.
Figure 3: Search for and install Backupify
- Click through the installation wizard to complete the installation.
Figure 4: Complete the installation
- Open a new tab in an incognito window and navigate to app.backupify.com. On this page, click Start a free trial, then click Google Apps for Business and select yes to the question Are you a super admin?
Figure 5: Verify Super Admin permissions
- You will now see the Backupify signup screen. Fill out the information, making sure to input the email address you used to log into your Google environment.
Figure 6: Fill out account information
- On the next screen click Login to your trial account.
Figure 7: Log into your trial account
- On the Backupify Login Page, enter the credentials that you created into the Backupify Credentials section.
Figure 8: Enter your Backupify credentials
- The Onboarding Wizard will open. Click Continue.
Figure 9: The onboarding wizard
- Choose the geographically appropriate storage region.
Figure 10: Choose the storage region
- Select how long you would like Backupify to retain your backed-up data. This setting cannot be changed once the initial backup is taken.
Figure 11: Choose the data retention time
- On the User Management screen, choose Select which accounts you would like to back up to manually add users from the list. Choose Upload CSV to import a spreadsheet of users. After selecting users, click Save.
You can also add users with additional selection options once the account is set up, so it is possible to move on without selecting any users at this point.
Note: Trial accounts are limited to a max of 500 users. Attempting to upload a CSV with more than 500 users will result in a failure.
Figure 12: Select accounts, either manually or by uploading a .CSV file
- On the Settings screen, select Shared Settings if you would like Backupify to export and restore account level permissions. Select Encrypt Exports if you want to encrypt all exports.
Figure 13: Permission and encryption settings
14. The Backupify setup process is now complete. Click Finish to exit the wizard and go to the Backupify dashboard. Backupify will take initial backups, and G Suite is now protected. Visit the Backupify 2.0 for G Suite knowledge base for additional support.