How do I set up Backupify 2.0 for G Suite?
- Backupify 2.0 for G Suite
1. Open a private browsing or incognito window, then log into G Suite as a super admin user (only super admins will be able to set up a Backupify account). From the G suite Admin page, choose Apps.
Figure 1: Choose Apps from the G Suite admin page (click to enlarge)
2. Click the plus sign to add Marketplace apps.
3. In the Marketplace, search for Backupify, then click the icon to install.
4. Click through the installation wizard to complete the installation.
5. Open a new tab in an incognito window and navigate to app.backup ify.com. On this page, click Start a free trial, then click Google Apps for Business and select yes to the question Are you a super admin?
6. You will now see the Backupify signup screen. Fill out the information, making sure to input the email address you used to log into your Google environment.
7. On the next screen click Login to your trial account.
8. On the Backupify login Page, enter the credentials that you created into the Backupify Credentials section.
9. The Onboarding Wizard will open. Click Continue.
10. Choose the geographically appropriate storage region.
11. Select how long you would like Backupify to retain your backed-up data. This setting cannot be changed once the initial backup is taken.
12. On the User Management screen, choose Select which accounts you would like to back up to manually add users from the list. Choose Upload CSV to import a spreadsheet of users. After selecting users, click Save.
You can also add users with additional selection options once the account is set up, so it is possible to move on without selecting any users at this point.
13. The Backupify setup process is now complete. Click Finish to exit the wizard and go to the Backupify dashboard. Backupify will take initial backups, and G Suite is now protected. Visit the Backupify 2.0 for G Suite knowledge base for additional support.