How do I set up Backupify 2.0 for G Suite?
- Backupify 2.0 for G Suite
Install the Backupify 2.0 app from the Google Apps Store
1. Open a private browsing or incognito window, then log into G Suite as a super admin user (only super admins will be able to set up a Backupify account). From the G Suite Admin page, choose Apps.
2. Click the plus sign to add Marketplace apps.
3. In the Marketplace, search for Backupify, then click the icon to install.
4. Click through the installation wizard to complete the installation.
Verify API setup
1. Log into the G Suite Admin console and click Security.
2. In Security, select API Reference.
3. Ensure API Access Enabled is checked. Click Save Changes when finished.
Verify Drive API is enabled
1. In the Google Apps Admin console, click Apps > G Suite > Drive and Docs > Features and Applications.
2. Ensure the Allow Users to Access Google Drive with the Drive SDK API box is checked. Click Save Changes when finished.
Other things to verify
Make sure Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection application is enabled for all organizational units within the domain.
Make sure Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection application is enabled for all users you are trying to add.
Make sure users you are not trying to add users under a subdomain.
Ensure API access and data access enabled.
Check if your domain is a subdomain of a larger primary domain.
Purchase and install Datto SaaS Protection 2.0
1. Open a new tab in an incognito window and navigate to app.backupify.com. On this page, click Start a free trial, then click Google Apps for Business and select yes to the question Are you a super admin?
2. You will see the Backupify signup screen. Fill out the information, making sure to input the email address you used to log into your Google environment.
3. On the next screen, click login to log into your trial account.
4. On the Backupify login Page, enter the credentials that you created into the Backupify Credentials section.
5. The Onboarding Wizard will open. Click Continue.
6. Choose the geographically appropriate storage region.
7. Select how long you would like Backupify to retain your backed-up data. You cannot change this setting after the initial backup.
8. On the User Management screen, choose Select which accounts you would like to back up to manually add users from the list. Choose Upload CSV to import a spreadsheet of users. After selecting users, click Save.
You can also add users with additional selection options once the account is set up, so it is possible to move on without selecting any users at this point.
The Backupify setup process is now complete. Click Finish to exit the wizard and go to the Backupify dashboard. Backupify will take initial backups, and protect your G Suite instance.