This article describes the procedure for performing a Rapid Rollback in a disaster recovery scenario.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto Utilities
- Rapid Rollback
This article assumes that you have already booted the target machine into the Datto Utilities environment and have selected the Rapid Rollback option. If you have not already done this, see the Booting a Target Machine with Datto Utilities article.
1. After the Rapid Rollback environment loads, you will see a list of the Datto appliances detected on your local network. Select the device that holds the production machine's backups.
2. Enter the username and password of a local user authorized to access the device, as shown in Figure 1. Then, click Next.
3. Select the Protected Machine to restore from the list of available backed up machines. You must select the backup data for the target machine you are restoring; you cannot restore the target machine with data from a different system. Click Next.
4. Select the date that you want to restore the target machine to, and then click Next. Datto recommends only restoring recovery points that have passed local verification testing without issue. Learn more about Local Verification here.
When the restore mounts, you will see a corresponding iSCSI share appear in the Restore section of the host Datto appliance's UI. Do not remove this restore - if you do, you will need to restart the Rapid Rollback process from the beginning.
5. Select the volumes to be restored. Click Next.
6. Review and confirm your restore configuration. Then, click ROLLBACK.
When prompted, enter ROLLBACK in the confirmation box, and click Confirm.
Figure 7: Confirm
7. The rollback will run, restoring the target machine. As each volume is completed, its completion status will be reported, as shown in Figure 8. The restoration may take some time to complete; during this process, do not remove the Datto Utilities USB drive or reboot the production machine.
8. Once the rollback completes, you will see the completion prompt shown in Figure 9. Remove the Datto Utilities USB drive from the target machine, and click Finish and Reboot. The target hardware will reboot in its restored state.