This article describes the Ping test that can be run in the Diagnostics page within the Datto Networking Appliance's (DNA) GUI.
- Datto Networking Appliance (DNA)
Ping will send an ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol) echo request packet to a defined IP address or host, and wait for an ICMP echo reply packet.
Figure 1: Diagnostics
Figure 2: Ping
- Target Address: This field allows you to define what address will be used for the ping utility. It can either be an IP address or a hostname.
- Source Interface: Allows you specify what interface is used for the ping test.
- Count: This field allows you to define how many ICMP Echo Requests are sent for the test. If left blank, 30 will be sent.
- Packet Size: This field allows you to define the packet size. If blank, the size will be 1024 bytes.
- TTL: This field allows you to define how long a packet can stay within the a hop before being discarded. This is called time-to-live (TTL), and if blank, it will be 10 seconds.
- Timeout: This field allows you to define how long the ping will last before closing out complete. If blank, the ping test will timeout after 15 seconds.