This article describes the Traceroute test that can be run in the Diagnostics page within the Datto Networking Appliance's (DNA) GUI.
- Datto Networking Appliance (DNA)
A Traceroute will outline the path that a packet takes from one network to another. Each hop, and the time taken to reach it, will be displayed.
Figure 1: Diagnostics
Figure 2: Traceroute
- Target Address: This field allows you to define what IP address or host will be used for the Traceroute.
- Source Interface: Allows you specify what interface is used for the test.
- Num Probes: This field allows you to input how many UDP probes are utilized during the Traceroute. The default is 2.
- Don't Fragment Bit: Packets used in the Traceroute may be fragmented, or broken down to ensure it can pass through a hop that requires a smaller maximum transmission unit (MTU). Toggling this setting on will prevent these packets from being fragmented. This is left off by default.