This article discusses the Application Verification feature for Datto business continuity appliances.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto Windows Agent
- ShadowSnap Agent
- Agentless Backups
Application Verification works in conjunction with Screenshot Verification to analyze the application integrity of a selected snapshot by detecting that specified applications have started correctly.
When enabled, Application Verification will run during the protected system's screenshot verification process. It will wait until the screenshot VM enters a ready state, and then check the virtualization to ensure that the applications you select here are started and in a ready state. The results of this check will be reported on the Manage Recovery Points page.
System Requirements and Compatibility
- Windows Server 2008R2 or newer
- Microsoft PowerShell 2.0 or higher
- Use of Application Verification with older operating systems is untested, and may produce unreliable results.
- Non-Windows-based operating systems are unsupported.
Application Verification is disabled by default. To enable and configure Application Verification, perform the following steps:
1. Access the GUI of your Datto appliance, and click the Protect tab.
2. Click the Configure Agent Settings link next to the protected system you would like to set up the feature for.
3. Scroll down to the Application Verification section of the Configure Agent Settings page, as shown in Figure 1.
4. Select the applications you would like to verify during the screenshot process for the protected system. The verifications will run during the next scheduled screenshot.
NOTE: Application Verification can only detect the specific services listed above. Attempting to detect any other service (for example, a third-party SQL service such as SQL Anywhere) using these scripts will result in automatic verification failure.
5. Once the screenshot process completes, you will be able to view the results on the Manage Recovery Points page of the Datto appliance GUI, as shown in Figure 2.