What are the pre-deployment and ongoing server requirements for the Datto Mac Agent?
- Mac OSX
- Datto Mac Agent
Hardware and software considerations
- OS support: Mac OSX is only supported on Apple-certified hardware. Refer to Apple's documentation on minimum hardware requirements.
- Hard drive health: The Mac machine must have its disk verified. If this fails, it must be repaired with the disk utility.
- Fusion drive support: The Datto Mac Agent does not support Fusion drives.
- Agent health: Ensure you are installing the latest version of the Datto Mac Agent, and that it is in a healthy installation state.
- Antivirus: Make sure there is an antivirus exception in place on the firewall for the Datto Mac Agent.
- Networking: If local firewall rules are enabled (these are disabled by default), make sure there is an exception in place on the firewall for incoming connections to the Datto Mac Agent.
- Permissions: Since the Apple File System (AFPS) is not supported for file restores, permissions will not be properly inherited from a Mac file restore. Contact Datto Technical Support for assistance.