This article describes how to define Network Objects that the Datto Networking Appliance (DNA) can use for Port Forwarding.
- Datto Networking Appliance (DNA)
Network Objects can be used to define an IP address, range, or subnet. These Network Objects can then be used in settings such as Port Forwarding.
Creating a Network Object
If no Network Objects exist on your DNA, follow these steps to create one:
1. Click on Create Network Object, as seen in Figure 2.
This will create a new Network Object card for each one created.
2a. From the newly created Network Object card, click Add. This will display configurable dropdowns and fields for your Network Object, as seen in Figure 3. Multiple additions can be added for each Network Object.
2b. Configure your object:
- Description: This field names your Network Object. Specify this name where applicable to have the desired DNA setting use the Network Object.
- Specification Type: This defines whether your Network Object will use an address, range, or subnet.
- Address Specification: This field allows you to define your address, range, or subnet. An IP address, a range of IP addresses (192.168.1.0-192.168.1.255), or a CIDRE range (192.168.1.0/24) can be used.
3. Click Save Changes.