This article describes access point information available in the Datto Networking App.
- Datto Networking App
The Datto Networking App shows you the status of your access points and lets you perform basic configuration changes.
Navigating to access points information
1. In the Networks page, scroll to the network that houses your access point.
2. Press View Network, or press Access Points.
3. Press the access point for which you wish to view information.
The Access Points screen
The following information and actions are available for your access point:
Name and Settings
Figure 3: Device name and settings (click to enlarge)
A. Press the back arrow icon to return to the previous page.
B. Press the pencil icon to edit the name of your access point.
The Health section shows you information about the access point's uptime and connectivity:
- Last Check-in: This row shows the last time the device checked in to Datto's servers.
- Check-in History: Here, you can see a graphical timeline of device check-ins.
- Uptime: This row shows the time elapsed since the device powered on; press Reboot to restart the access point.
- Locate mode: Turning Locate mode on rapidly flashes the access point's LEDs for easy visual identification. Press Enable to activate Locate mode.
Click the Statistics heading to expand a list of operation statistics for this access point.
Channel (2.4 GHz): Displays the configured channel the access point is broadcasting on the 2.4 GHz wireless frequency band
Channel (5 GHz): Shows the configured channel the access point is broadcasting on the 5 GHz wireless frequency band
Hops: Shows the number of device mesh hops this access point is from its configured gateway
Usage: Displays an overall average of connected client data usage
Traffic: Shows a graphical timeline of a connected client download and upload usage
The System screen shows you your network and firmware information. Press Save to save all modified settings.
- Network: This row shows the name of the access point's network. Press Move to move this device to a different network.
- MAC Address: This row displays the device's MAC address. To change the MAC address, press Replace.
- LAN IP Address: This row shows the device's internal IP address.
- Mesh IP Address: This row displays the mesh-healing IP address of the device.
- Firmware Version: This row shows the device's current firmware version.