This article describes the process for starting a USB Bare Metal Restore (BMR).
- Datto Bare Metal Restore
A Bare Metal Restore is used to restore a backup point to new hardware.
This article assumes that you have already imaged a USB stick with the Datto Utilities, and that you are booted into the Datto Utilities environment. If you have not already done this, see the Imaging a USB Drive with Datto Utilities and Booting a Target Machine with Datto Utilities articles.
1. In the Datto Utilities environment, select the BMR option.
2. Select the Datto appliance that contains the restore information. When prompted, log into the device with the user credentials you created to access its GUI. Then, click Next.
3. Select the protected system that you want to restore from, and click Next.
4. Select a recovery point to restore to the target. If you created a Rescue Agent for the Disaster Recovery virtualization, you can apply any changes made in the VM during the BMR to the production machine by checking the Continuously Mirror box. Then, click Next.
5. The wizard will calculate minimum volume sizes, and then display the Partition Machine screen shown in Figure 5.
6. Click Automatic Partition, and proceed to the Data Transfer article. Alternatively, if you need to partition the target machine manually, click Manual Partition, and proceed to the USB Bare Metal Restore: Advanced Partitioning article.