This article describes the installation process for the Datto Mac Agent.
- Datto Mac Agent
This article assumes that you have reviewed both the SIRIS, ALTO And DNAS Networking & Bandwidth Requirements article and the Getting Started with the Datto Mac Agent article, and that your production environment meets the configurations described in both resources.
1. Navigate to download.datto.com and click the macOS icon in the Backup Agent Download category.
2. Open the downloaded file. You will see the window shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Datto Mac Agent Installer
3. You will see a prompt asking you to confirm the install. Click any Continue buttons presented.
Figure 3: Install Checker
4. On the Installation Type screen, you can change the destination volume that the Datto Mac Agent will be installed to by clicking Change Install Location. When you are finished making changes, click Install to continue.
Figure 4: Installation Type
5. When your production machine prompts you, enter the username and password of a local administrator to confirm the installation. Then, click Install Software, followed by Install.
Figure 5: Username and Password
6. Next, you will see a notice that you must restart your computer after the installation. To continue, click Continue Installation, followed by Install.
Figure 6: Continue Installation
7. When the installation is complete, click the Restart button to restart your Mac.
Figure 7: Summary
8. When the production machine restarts, you will see the Datto Mac Agent icon in your toolbar. From here, you can view the About information, Check for Updates, toggle Prevent Sleep, or Quit Datto Mac Agent.
9. After you reboot the production machine, pair the protected machine with your Datto appliance to begin taking backups.
Figure 8: Mac Agent Toolbar Menu
The color of the Datto Mac Agent icon changes depending on its status:
- Black means that the app is idle.
- Blue means that the Datto Mac Agent is backing up your data to the Datto appliance.
- Red means that there is a problem with Datto Mac Agent.
Figure 9: Backup in progress