When you attempt to install the Datto Windows Agent on a production machine, you receive the error message "Install of the Datto Agent Service Failed. Uninstall and run the install again."
- Datto Windows Agent
- Windows Server 2012R2
This error message can be caused by missing Windows updates in Windows Server 2012R2.
To resolve this error, make sure that the following Windows updates are installed on the protected system:
9. Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
After installing any missing updates, re-run the Datto Windows Agent installer.
- For any error encountered during a DWA installation, check the Windows Event Logs for any corresponding events.
- If Visual C++ 2015 runtime is not up to date or not installed properly, this could prevent an install. Make sure that your Visual C++ runtme is up-to-date and fully-installed.
- If you see errors related to the C++ runtime, reinstall the latest Visual C++ update.
- If the GUI install fails, you can run the following from an administrator command prompt (if installed to a non-default location, replace the install location below)
"C:\Program Files\Datto\Datto Windows Agent\DattoBackupAgent.exe" -install'