This article describes the installation process for the ShadowSnap Agent.
- Setting Schedules / Initial Configurations
- Updating the ShadowSnap Agent
This article assumes that you have reviewed both the SIRIS, ALTO and DNAS Networking & Bandwidth Requirements article and the Getting Started with the ShadowSnap Agent article, and that your production environment meets the configurations described in both resources.
1. Navigate to download.datto.com, scroll down to Additional downloads, and click ShadowSnap Installer. When the installer finishes downloading, run the executable with Administrator privileges. Running the installer without elevated privileges may cause the installer to exit with the error "ShadowProtect installation failed."
Figure 1: ShadowSnap Installer
2. Click Next to start the ShadowSnap Setup.
Figure 2: ShadowSnap installation wizard
3. Select the destination folder for the installer, and click Next.
4. Click Install.
5. The ShadowSnap installer will also install VirtualBox Guest Additions.
6. Click Next once the installer has completed.
Figure 3: Installation complete
7. Click Close (either restart immediately or later). Backups will not function until the system reboots.
8. After you reboot the production machine, pair the protected machine with your Datto appliance to begin taking backups.
Verifying the Installation
Follow these steps to verify that the installation was successful:
- Make sure that all 3 essential services are present and running: ShadowProtect Service, StorageCraft Raw Agent, and StorageCraft Shadow Copy Provider.
- A Quick test of the services would be to restart from services.msc and see if they stop and start cleanly.
- Open up the ShadowProtect software on the device. The lower left tab should show an active license.
- Review the Protect tab of your Datto appliance after pairing the agent to the device. The agent should populate as ready to accept a backup.
Setting Schedules / Initial Configurations
When configuring the backup schedule for your ShadowSnap-protected system, consider the following:
- Consider your client’s needs, and discuss this with them before providing the schedule: how far would you need to feasibly go back to retrieve data? Set the expectations with them and provide a schedule accordingly. Set the local data retention policies based on these conversations and expectations. Remember that long-running retention policies will require more disk space, and should be considered when sizing an appliance.
- Consider the server’s application: while a file server may need to be backed up during business hours as files are in constant change, a terminal server that simply houses configurations may not require as many backups per day as there is little to no change provided. Backups are just like any other service on a server, they consume resources and take disk input / output. Consider this while setting a schedule.
- Before you take the first backup, make sure that any volumes that you do not want to be backed up are excluded from the advanced options tab. Remember that any additional drive that is attached to the machine may attempt to be backed up (USB drive, additional storage drive, etc.)
Updating the ShadowSnap Agent
The ShadowSnap Agent does not automatically update itself. When an update becomes available, you will need to download and install it manually. You can download the latest releases of the ShadowSnap Agent at the Datto Download Page.
See this article for the current version of the ShadowSnap agent.
You can check the protected machine's agent version from the Protect tab of your Datto appliance's GUI.