When attempting to back up a production NAS share using the NAS Guard feature, you receive the error message "One or more files were copied unsuccessfully due to lack of permissions."
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto NAS
The credentials used by the Datto appliance to access the external share cannot access one or more files within the share.
1. Use the Change Connection Settings feature on the share's Configure Share Settings page to verify that the that the Datto appliance is connecting to the production share with an appropriately-permissioned account.
2. If the share backup was configured with the wrong user, update the saved credentials, and attempt another backup.
3. If the error persists, from the production machine, verify that the user account designated for the share backup has the correct permissions to access the desired files.
4. If the share user is correct, but the permissions for the user on the production machine are incorrect, update the user account with the correct permissions. Then, attempt another backup, and observe the results.
5. Perform a file restore, and explore the share to determine whether all important files have been backed up.