This article contains all software release notes for Cloud Continuity for PCs. The latest updates are listed first.
For more information about the Cloud Continuity for PCs solution, see Cloud Continuity for PCs: Getting Started.
- Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs
- Agent Version 18.104.22.168 - August 14, 2019
- Cloud Maintenance Release - July 23, 2019
- Agent Version 22.214.171.124 - June 18, 2019
- Agent Version 0.5.0 - May 24, 2019
- Agent Version 0.4.1.0 - May 8, 2019
- Agent Version 0.3.5 - March 18, 2019
- Agent Version 0.2.3 - November 27, 2018
- Agent Version 0.2.1 - October 29, 2018
- Agent Version 0.1.22 - October 17, 2018
- Agent Version 0.1.21 - September 11, 2018
- Agent Version 0.1.20 - September 4, 2018
- Agent Version 0.1.19 - August 16, 2018
- Agent Version 0.1.18 - July 23, 2018
- Agent Version 0.1.17 - July 10, 2018
- Agent Version 0.1.16 - June 19, 2018
August 14, 2019
Direct to Cloud Agent 126.96.36.199
- Improved agent performance on slow/poor connections
- Updated text on the last screen of the agent installer
- Resolved an issue which caused an unnecessary differential merge during a backup’s final pass
- Resolved an issue where the tray tooltip shows 0.0 b/s when preparing a backup
July 23, 2019
Cloud Continuity for PCs - Cloud Maintenance Release
- To enhance clarity, updated the Enter Key label on the Cloud Continuity Register Agent modal to read Enter Agent ID
- Removed the Tickets column from the Cloud Continuity Status page to deliver a more streamlined experience
- Published compatibility guidelines for the Cloud Continuity for PCs Launch SFTP feature
- Added an Agent Short Code field to the Cloud Continuity Status page
- Improved agent logging to improve the support experience for partners
- Added the ability for Technical Support to intervene in cases where manually agent virtualizations require a non-default configuration
- Resolved an issue which could prevent recovery points from being visible on the Cloud Continuity Status page
- Resolved an issue which could cause screenshot templates to remain in the cloud following removal of an agent dataset
June 18, 2019
Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent 188.8.131.52 - Initial Release
- Cloud-Based Bare Metal Restore: Device operators can restore a cloud-hosted backup to target hardware located anywhere in the world by using the new Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs Bare Metal Restore process. Learn more in our Cloud Continuity for PCs: Bare Metal Restore - Getting Started article.
- Enhanced Rapid Rollback: This improvement removes Rapid Rollback's requirement of original hardware being available to perform a restore successfully. Now, device operators can roll back to replacement hardware as long as its configuration matches that of the original.
- Cloud Continuity for PCs Launch: Datto Direct to Cloud (DTC) is now Cloud Continuity for PCs. Our public beta ends on September 30, 2019. Learn more in our Introducing Cloud Continuity for PCs article.
May 24, 2019
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.5.0
- Portal-Based Bandwidth Management: On a per-agent basis, device operators can now configure maximum off-site sync bandwidth restrictions, and elect to pause backups when the protected system's internet connection is metered, from the Direct to Cloud portal.
- The Direct to Cloud Status page now loads faster.
May 8, 2019
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.4.1.0
- Enhanced Cloud Virtualization User Experience: Cloud restores now leverage the same user experience as the BCDR Recovery Launchpad to deliver a seamless and familiar disaster recovery environment across product lines.
- Improved Agent Backup Progress Reporting and Management: Through the Direct to Cloud Agent tray icon, device operators can suspend, resume, and view enhanced reporting about the backup activity.
- Deletable Backup Agents: Partners can now remove agent datasets from the Datto Cloud without needing to contact Datto Technical Support for assistance.
- Screenshot Verification: To deliver you the peace-of-mind that your backups are in a healthy and restorable state, Direct to Cloud will perform screenshot verification of the first backup of the day for each of your protected systems. This feature automatically builds and boots virtual machines from preexisting snapshots and performs context-sensitive tests against the virtual machine's output to evaluate a pass or fail state. It reports the outcome via success and failure emails; you can also review the results of the latest screenshot test via the Direct to Cloud portal.
- Email Alerting: This release introduces the ability for partners to subscribe to email notifications about agent registration and management activities, screenshot verification outcomes, and check-in failures for endpoints protected by the Direct to Cloud Agent.
March 18, 2019
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.3.5
Agent version 0.3.5 is a significant overhaul of the original DTC beta agent. It includes the latest Windows snapshot drivers, and it lays the foundation for the next major upgrade.
Your existing Direct to Cloud installation will not auto-update to the latest version. To learn how to update your agent software, follow the steps in our Direct To Cloud: Installing Agent Version 0.3.5 article.
- Expanded Compatibility: The Direct to Cloud agent can now back up and restore Windows 7-based endpoints.
- Improved File Restore: When restoring the files of a protected endpoint, the user interface will now mirror the Recovery Launchpad experience.
- Bandwidth Throttling: Device operators can now set offsite synchronization bandwidth limitations through the agent tray icon.
November 27, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.2.3
- The snapshot process now includes the Direct to Cloud Agent's executable
- Resolved an issue which could cause the Direct to Cloud agent to display an empty dialog box under certain conditions
October 29, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.2.1
- Updated agent installer to be WIX/MSI-based
- Updated drivers to be more resilient to OS changes (set at version 1.12.8)
- Added support for metered network policy
- Reduced verbosity in agent logs
- Added support for agent log replication to cloud servers
- Improved the user experience for scenarios in which registration information is not available
- Updated multi-pass policy to achieve faster backup completion time
- Added tray notification to alert users when the protected system's OS volume is not
a candidate for backup
- Fixed an issue which could cause backup corruption due to invalid parsing of the unused volume bitmap
- Fixed an issue which caused excessive memory allocation when excluding unused space
on a volume
October 17, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.22
- Increased idle bandwidth throttle limit from 250 KB/s to 1 MB/s
- Changed the interval at which log files upload, from 12 hours to 1 hour
- Added ability to extract and log the kernel OS version
- Resolved an issue where backups would repeatedly fail when trying to process a file name that could not convert to UTF-16
- Fixed an issue which could cause backup corruption when handling previous Windows installation directories symlinked to the live Windows directory
September 11, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.21
- Improved retry logic for MercuryFTP transport operation failures, such as replay operations which failed
- Re-enabled and expanded index of excluded previous Windows installation folders
- Resolved an issue where attempting to disconnect an open MercuryFTP transport would hang the backup indefinitely
- Resolved an issue in which a MercuryFTP transport disconnect would cause various threads to retry and fail to connect
- Resolved a backup corruption issue which could occur due to a Windows Update that used hard-links between excluded folders and the Windows folders, or due to a large number of deleted temporary files in one of the excluded folders triggering the exclusion of the MFT
September 4, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.20
- Added support to transfer dump files generated by either the agent service or the tray application
- Updated dependencies to work with the latest version of VS2017 linker
- Resolved an issue which caused the timestamp of newly-registered backups to reflect local time instead of UTC
- Addressed an issue which could cause a loss of backup statistics during engine switching from driverless to a driver-backed mode
- Fixed an issue which could cause the offsite log to report activity from an active backup with the ID of a pending backup
August 16, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.19
- Various logging improvements and networking optimizations
July 23, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.18
- Enabled limited remote configuration to aid in problem diagnosis
- Added additional checks to the backup process
- To prevent backup corruption, read failures now cause the backup to restart instead of continuing
- Resolved two memory leak issues and an inconsistent memory allocation problem
- Fixed an issue which could cause a crash in the Tray application
- Addressed an issue which could cause the agent to be unregistered after specific Windows updates
- Resolved an issue which could cause the agent software to crash in certain network disconnection cases
July 10, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.17
This release includes a new driver version, which will require a reboot of the protected machine to complete.
- Resolved an edge case which could cause backups to not complete as expected under specific circumstances
- Fixed an issue which could cause the protected machine to encounter blue screen failures during agent installation
- Resolved an issue that caused the Windows USB connection sound to play with every backup
June 19, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.16
- Initial release