This article contains all software release notes for Cloud Continuity for PCs. The latest updates appear first.
For more information about the Cloud Continuity for PCs solution, see Cloud Continuity for PCs: Getting Started.
- Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs
- Agent Version 22.214.171.124 - 2020-02-27
- Agent Version 126.96.36.199 - 2020-02-14
- Agent Version 188.8.131.52 - 2020-01-13
Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent Version 184.108.40.206
- Resolved an issue that caused some version 1.1.4 agents to send Windows event logs to the cloud when they should not have.
- Fixed an issue that caused 1.1.4 agents to unnecessarily re-send agent logs to the cloud
Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent Version 220.127.116.11
- Resolved an issue that could cause boot failures on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 virtualizations with the error message, "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file"
- Fixed an issue that could cause agent deletions to fail
- Improved agent logging to improve the support experience for partners
Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent Version 18.104.22.168
- Resolved an issue that caused file restores to fail if a volume could not mount as read-write
- Improved screenshot reliability by fixing an issue that could cause hung verifications
- Resolved an issue that could cause the agent to crash if a volume selected to resume backups no longer exists
- Agent Version 22.214.171.124 - 2019-12-02
- Agent Version 126.96.36.199 / Driver Version 188.8.131.52 - 2019-10-22
- Agent Version 184.108.40.206 - 2019-10-07
- HOTFIX - Agent Version 220.127.116.11 - 2019-09-22
- Agent Version 18.104.22.168 - 2019-09-18
- Agent Version 22.214.171.124 - 2019-08-14
- Cloud Maintenance Release - 2019-07-23
- Agent Version 126.96.36.199 - 2019-06-18
- Agent Version 0.5.0 - 2019-05-24
- Agent Version 0.4.1.0 - 2019-05-8
- Agent Version 0.3.5 - 2019-03-18
Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent Version 188.8.131.52
- Resolved an issue that could cause corruption due to the agent taking an extra snapshot if the first full backup experienced an interruption
- Fixed an issue where the agent was unable to take a backup when the boot sector required modifications to write successfully
- Resolved an issue that could prevent users from removing file restores from the restore page
Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent Version 184.108.40.206 / Driver Version 220.127.116.11
- Datto RMM Integration: It is now possible to deploy the Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent via Datto RMM. See our Cloud Continuity for PCs: Deploying the Cloud Continuity Agent via RMM article for more information.
- This agent release contains a new driver version designed to help prevent backup corruption. The driver update requires a reboot of the protected system to finalize the install.
- If the Datto Cloud Continuity Agent installer detects that the RSA/SHA512 algorithm is disabled on a protected system, it will prompt to enable it during interactive installation or automatically enable it during silent installation.
- When a new Cloud Continuity certificate writes to the Windows cert store, the software now removes the previous certificate automatically.
- The Cloud Continuity Agent will automatically adjust its logging when connectivity is lost.
- Datto has improved the SSL log messages on both the agent and server sides and adjusted the logging for Posix Errors.
- This release improves the processing of server-side MercuryFTP write acknowledgments.
- For RMM installs, the Cloud Continuity Agent will no longer automatically open a browser for registration.
- The Cloud Continuity Agent will now avoid unnecessary periods of sleep during unthrottled backups.
- Resolved an issue that could cause non-stop retries for Cloud Device snapshot failures
- Resolved an issue which could cause the agent installer to display tags instead of expected text for Italian and Spanish installs
- Resolved an issue with compression ratio logging server-side
Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent 18.104.22.168
- Resolved an issue which allowed installation of the Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent on Windows 8 machines even though it is not a supported operating system
HOTFIX - Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent 22.214.171.124
- Resolved an issue which could cause auto-upgraded 126.96.36.199 agents to be unable to complete backups
- Hotfix applies only to installations of the Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent which auto-upgraded to Version 188.8.131.52 on or before 2019-09-22
Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent 184.108.40.206
- Various bug fixes and performance enhancements
Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent 220.127.116.11
- Improved agent performance on slow/poor connections
- Updated text on the last screen of the agent installer
- Resolved an issue which caused an unnecessary differential merge during a backup’s final pass
- Resolved an issue where the tray tooltip shows 0.0 b/s when preparing a backup
Cloud Continuity for PCs - Cloud Maintenance Release
- To enhance clarity, updated the Enter Key label on the Cloud Continuity Register Agent modal to read Enter Agent ID
- Removed the Tickets column from the Cloud Continuity Status page to deliver a more streamlined experience
- Published compatibility guidelines for the Cloud Continuity for PCs Launch SFTP feature
- Added an Agent Short Code field to the Cloud Continuity Status page
- Improved agent logging to improve the support experience for partners
- Added the ability for Technical Support to intervene in cases where manually agent virtualizations require a non-default configuration
- Resolved an issue which could prevent recovery points from being visible on the Cloud Continuity Status page
- Resolved an issue which could cause screenshot templates to remain in the cloud following removal of an agent dataset
Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent 18.104.22.168 - Initial Release
- Cloud-Based Bare Metal Restore: Device operators can restore a cloud-hosted backup to target hardware located anywhere in the world by using the new Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs Bare Metal Restore process. Learn more in our Cloud Continuity for PCs: Bare Metal Restore - Getting Started article.
- Enhanced Rapid Rollback: This improvement removes Rapid Rollback's requirement of original hardware being available to perform a restore successfully. Now, device operators can roll back to replacement hardware as long as its configuration matches that of the original.
- Cloud Continuity for PCs Launch: Datto Direct to Cloud (DTC) is now Cloud Continuity for PCs. Our public beta ended on September 30, 2019. Learn more in our Introducing Cloud Continuity for PCs article.
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.5.0
- Portal-Based Bandwidth Management: On a per-agent basis, device operators can now configure maximum off-site sync bandwidth restrictions, and elect to pause backups when the protected system's internet connection is metered, from the Direct to Cloud portal.
- The Direct to Cloud Status page now loads faster.
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.4.1.0
- Enhanced Cloud Virtualization User Experience: Cloud restores now leverage the same user experience as the BCDR Recovery Launchpad to deliver a seamless and familiar disaster recovery environment across product lines.
- Improved Agent Backup Progress Reporting and Management: Through the Direct to Cloud Agent tray icon, device operators can suspend, resume, and view enhanced reporting about the backup activity.
- Deletable Backup Agents: Partners can now remove agent datasets from the Datto Cloud without needing to contact Datto Technical Support for assistance.
- Screenshot Verification: To deliver you the peace-of-mind that your backups are in a healthy and restorable state, Direct to Cloud will perform screenshot verification of the first backup of the day for each of your protected systems. This feature automatically builds and boots virtual machines from preexisting snapshots and performs context-sensitive tests against the virtual machine's output to evaluate a pass or fail state. It reports the outcome via success and failure emails; you can also review the results of the latest screenshot test via the Direct to Cloud portal.
- Email Alerting: This release introduces the ability for partners to subscribe to email notifications about agent registration and management activities, screenshot verification outcomes, and check-in failures for endpoints protected by the Direct to Cloud Agent.
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.3.5
Agent version 0.3.5 is a significant overhaul of the original DTC beta agent. It includes the latest Windows snapshot drivers, and it lays the foundation for the next major upgrade.
Your existing Direct to Cloud installation will not auto-update to the latest version. To learn how to update your agent software, follow the steps in our Direct To Cloud: Installing Agent Version 0.3.5 article.
- Expanded Compatibility: The Direct to Cloud agent can now back up and restore Windows 7-based endpoints.
- Improved File Restore: When restoring the files of a protected endpoint, the user interface will now mirror the Recovery Launchpad experience.
- Bandwidth Throttling: Device operators can now set offsite synchronization bandwidth limitations through the agent tray icon.
- Agent Version 0.2.3 - 2018-11-27
- Agent Version 0.2.1 - 2018-10-29
- Agent Version 0.1.22 - 2018-10-17
- Agent Version 0.1.21 - 2018-09-11
- Agent Version 0.1.20 - 2018-09-4
- Agent Version 0.1.19 - 20.18-08-16
- Agent Version 0.1.18 - 2018-07-23
- Agent Version 0.1.17 - 2018-07-10
- Agent Version 0.1.16 - 2018-06-19
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.2.3
- The snapshot process now includes the Direct to Cloud Agent's executable
- Resolved an issue which could cause the Direct to Cloud agent to display an empty dialog box under certain conditions
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.2.1
- Updated agent installer to be WIX/MSI-based
- Updated drivers to be more resilient to OS changes (set at version 1.12.8)
- Added support for metered network policy
- Reduced verbosity in agent logs
- Added support for agent log replication to cloud servers
- Improved the user experience for scenarios in which registration information is not available
- Updated multi-pass policy to achieve faster backup completion time
- Added tray notification to alert users when the protected system's OS volume is not a candidate for backup
- Fixed an issue which could cause backup corruption due to invalid parsing of the unused volume bitmap
- Fixed an issue which caused excessive memory allocation when excluding unused space on a volume
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.22
- Increased idle bandwidth throttle limit from 250 KB/s to 1 MB/s
- Changedthe interval at which log files upload, from 12 hours to 1 hour
- Added ability to extract and log the kernel OS version
- Resolved an issue where backups would repeatedly fail when trying to process a file name that could not convert to UTF-16
- Fixed an issue which could cause backup corruption when handling previous Windows installation directories symlinked to the live Windows directory
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.21
- Improved retry logic for MercuryFTP transport operation failures, such as replay operations which failed
- Re-enabled and expanded index of excluded previous Windows installation folders
- Resolved an issue where attempting to disconnect an open MercuryFTP transport would hang the backup indefinitely
- Resolved an issue in which a MercuryFTP transport disconnect would cause various threads to retry and fail to connect
- Resolved a backup corruption issue which could occur due to a Windows Update that used hard-links between excluded folders and the Windows folders, or due to a large number of deleted temporary files in one of the excluded folders triggering the exclusion of the MFT
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.20
- Added support to transfer dump files generated by either the agent service or the tray application
- Updated dependencies to work with the latest version of VS2017 linker
- Resolved an issue which caused the timestamp of newly-registered backups to reflect local time instead of UTC
- Addressed an issue which could cause a loss of backup statistics during engine switching from driverless to a driver-backed mode
- Fixed an issue which could cause the offsite log to report activity from an active backup with the ID of a pending backup
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.19
- Various logging improvements and networking optimizations
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.18
- Enabled limited remote configuration to aid in problem diagnosis
- Added additional checks to the backup process
- To prevent backup corruption, read failures now cause the backup to restart instead of continuing
- Resolved two memory leak issues and an inconsistent memory allocation problem
- Fixed an issue which could cause a crash in the Tray application
- Addressed an issue which could cause the agent to be unregistered after specific Windows updates
- Resolved an issue which could cause the agent software to crash in certain network disconnection cases
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.17
This release includes a new driver version, which will require a reboot of the protected machine to complete.
- Resolved an edge case which could cause backups to not complete as expected under specific circumstances
- Fixed an issue which could cause the protected machine to encounter blue screen failures during agent installation
- Resolved an issue that caused the Windows USB connection sound to play with every backup
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.16
- Initial release