This article contains all software release notes for the Datto Direct to Cloud Agent. The latest updates are listed first.
For more information about the Direct to Cloud Agent, see Direct to Cloud: Getting Started.
- Datto Direct to Cloud (DTC) Agent
- May 8, 2019
- March 18, 2019
- November 27, 2018
- October 29, 2018
- October 17, 2018
- September 11, 2018
- September 4, 2018
- August 16, 2018
- July 23, 2018
- July 10, 2018
- June 19, 2018
May 8, 2019
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.4.1.0
- Enhanced Cloud Virtualization User Experience: Cloud restores now leverage the same user experience as the BCDR Recovery Launchpad to deliver a seamless and familiar disaster recovery environment across product lines.
- Improved Agent Backup Progress Reporting and Management: Through the Direct to Cloud Agent tray icon, device operators can suspend, resume and view enhanced reporting about backup activity.
- Deleteable Backup Agents: Partners can now remove agent datasets from the Datto Cloud without needing to contact Datto Technical Support for assistance.
- Screenshot Verification: To deliver you the peace-of-mind that your backups are in a healthy and restorable state, the Direct to Cloud portal will now perform screenshot verification of the first backup of the day for each of your protected systems. This feature automatically builds and boots virtual machines from preexisting snapshots and performs context-sensitive tests against the virtual machine's output to evaluate a pass or fail state.
- Email Alerting: This release introduces the ability for partners to subscribe to email notifications about agent registration and management activities, screenshot verification outcomes, and check-in failures for endpoints protected by the Direct to Cloud Agent.
March 18, 2019
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.3.5
Agent version 0.3.5 is a significant overhaul of the original DTC beta agent. It includes the latest Windows snapshot drivers, and it lays the foundation for the next major upgrade.
Your existing Direct to Cloud installation will not auto-update to the latest version. To learn how to update your agent software, follow the steps in our Direct To Cloud: Installing Agent Version 0.3.5 article.
- Expanded Compatibility: The Direct to Cloud agent can now back up and restore Windows 7-based endpoints.
- Improved File Restore: When restoring the files of a protected endpoint, the user interface will now mirror the Recovery Launchpad experience.
- Bandwidth Throttling: Device operators can now set offsite synchronization bandwidth limitations through the agent tray icon.
November 27, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.2.3
- The Direct to Cloud Agent's executable is now included during the snapshot process
- Resolved an issue which could cause the Direct to Cloud agent to display an empty dialog box under certain conditions
October 29, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.2.1
- Updated agent installer to be WIX/MSI-based
- Updated drivers to be more resilient to OS changes (set at version 1.12.8)
- Added support for metered network policy
- Reduced verbosity in agent logs
- Added support for agent log replication to cloud servers
- Improved the user experience for scenarios in which registration information is not available
- Updated multi-pass policy to achieve faster backup completion time
- Added tray notification to alert users when the protected system's OS volume is not
a candidate for backup
- Fixed an issue which could cause backup corruption due to invalid parsing of the unused volume bitmap
- Fixed an issue which caused excessive memory allocation when excluding unused space
on a volume
October 17, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.22
- Increased idle bandwidth throttle limit from 250 KB/s to 1 MB/s
- Changed the interval at which log files upload, from 12 hours to 1 hour
- Added ability to extract and log the kernel OS version
- Resolved an issue where backups would repeatedly fail when trying to process a file name that could not convert to UTF-16
- Fixed an issue which could cause backup corruption when handling previous Windows installation directories symlinked to the live Windows directory
September 11, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.21
- Improved retry logic for MercuryFTP transport operation failures, such as replay operations which failed
- Re-enabled and expanded index of excluded previous Windows installation folders
- Resolved an issue where attempting to disconnect an open MercuryFTP transport would hang the backup indefinitely.
- Resolved an issue in which a MercuryFTP transport disconnect would cause various threads to retry and fail to connect
- Resolved a backup corruption issue which could occur due to a Windows Update that used hard-links between excluded folders and the Windows folders, or due to a large number of deleted temporary files in one of the excluded folders triggering the exclusion of the MFT
September 4, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.20
- Added support to transfer dump files generated by either the agent service or the tray application
- Updated dependencies to work with the latest version of VS2017 linker
- Resolved an issue which caused the timestamp of newly-registered backups to reflect local time instead of UTC
- Addressed an issue which could cause a loss of backup statistics during engine switching from driverless to driver-backed mode
- Fixed an issue which could cause the offsite log to report activity from an active backup with the ID of a pending backup
August 16, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.19
- Various logging improvements and networking optimizations
July 23, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.18
- Enabled limited remote configuration to aid in problem diagnosis
- Added additional checks to the backup process
- To prevent backup corruption, read failures now cause the backup to restart instead of continuing
- Resolved two memory leak issues and an inconsistent memory allocation problem
- Fixed an issue which could cause a crash in the Tray application
- Addressed an issue which could cause the agent to be unregistered after specific Windows updates
- Resolved an issue which could cause the agent software to crash in certain network disconnection cases
July 10, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.17
This release includes a new driver version, which will require a reboot of the protected machine to complete.
- Resolved an edge case which could cause backups to not complete as expected under specific circumstances
- Fixed an issue which could cause the protected machine to encounter blue screen failures during agent installation
- Resolved an issue that caused the Windows USB connection sound to play with every backup
June 19, 2018
Direct to Cloud Agent 0.1.16
- Initial release