This article describes how to configure and apply switch templates for expedited configuration.
- Datto Switches
Switch Templates are predefined sets of configured options that you can apply to any switch in your network. This feature is useful for when you move a switch new location, or when one requires another template based on its environment.
Configuring Template Settings
1. Navigate to a device web session for your switch.
2. Click the Manage drop-down, then click Switches, as seen in Figure 1.
3. Click Manage Templates, as seen in Figure 2.
4. Click Add Template to add a new template, as shown in Figure 3. You can also click Delete Template to remove them.
5. Enter the Template Name, a brief Description of the template, and the switch Model it applies to, as seen in Figure 4.
6. Optionally, you can select a device you've already added to import a configuration from, as seen in Figure 5.
7. Enable or disable each desired setting for your template, as seen in Figures 6 & 7. These settings share the same layout as their counterpart in the Switch Settings and Port Setting pages.
The following switch settings are available:
- Spanning Tree Protocol
- Voice VLAN
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Access Control List (ACL)
- IGMP Snooping
- Jumbo Frames
- Monitor Only: When enabled, Datto Networking will not send any configuration to the switch.
The following template example uses the E24v3 model. Select a port to configure it, or select multiple ports to mirror or aggregate them. See the Port Settings article for more information.
7. Click Save Template, as seen in Figure 8.
Applying a switch template
After configuring a switch template, you can apply it to any switch. You can either:
- Click Apply Template in the Switches page as seen in Figure 9.
- Apply one when adding a new switch.