This article describes how to configure and apply switch templates for expedited configuration.
- Datto Switches
Switch Templates are setting templates that can be applied to any switch in your network. This is useful for applying new settings when a switch moves to a new location, or when a new switch requires predefined settings.
Configuring Template Settings
1. Navigate to a device web session for your network or existing device.
2. Click on the Manage dropdown, then click Switches, as seen in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Switches
3. Click Manage Templates, as seen in Figure 2.
4. Input the Template Name, a brief Description of your template, and an attributed switch Model as seen in Figure 3.
5. Optionally, you can select a previously added switch to import configuration from, as seen in Figure 4.
6. Enable or disable each desired setting for your template. If a setting is neither enabled or disabled, it will remain unchanged when the template is applied. The following settings are available for each template as seen in Figures 5 & 6. Since the setting layout is identical to its original reference within the Switch Settings and Port Settings pages, you can view additional information about the setting by viewing its respective article.
- Spanning Tree Protocol
- Voice VLAN
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Access Control List (ACL)
- IGMP Snooping
- Jumbo Frames
- Monitor Only: When enabled, no configuration from the cloud will be sent to the switch.
The following template example uses the E24v3 model. Select a port to configure it, or select multiple ports to mirror or aggregate them. See the Port Settings article for more information on configurable port settings.
6. Click Save Template, as seen in Figure 7.
Applying a switch template
After configuring a switch template, you can apply a template to any switch. You can either:
- Click Apply Template in the Switches page as seen in Figure 8.
- Apply a template setting when adding a new switch.