How long does Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 keep my data?
- Backupify 2.0 for G Suite
- Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite
Each time that your data is backed up, Backupify takes and saves a "snapshot" of that information. Each snapshot contains all of the information needed to restore your data to the exact state it was in at the time of the snapshot. By default, stored snapshots will be consolidated according to the following retention schedule:
- 3 backups taken daily, retained for 30 days
- After 30 days, one of those three daily backups is saved per user
- After 90 days, one weekly backup is saved per user
- after 1 year, one monthly backup is saved per user
Setting custom retention
To access the custom retention page:
1. From the dashboard, click Settings, then select Advanced settings from the drop-down menu.
Figure 1: The Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection dashboard (click to enlarge)
2. Select the retention period from the drop-down menu, then click Set.
Figure 2: The Advanced Settings window