When attempting to perform a Rapid Rollback of a protected system, you receive the error message "Rapid Rollback did not complete successfully."
You may also see the error message "Rapid Rollback completed with errors. Check logs for more detail. (Code 9998)."
- Rapid Rollback
- Rapid Rollback was unable to write required attributes to one or more files identified for restore to the target hardware
- Rapid Rollback was unable to copy one or more files identified for restore to the target hardware
If specific data failed to restore, you will see a list of the files that were affected, as shown in Figure 1.
The target machine may still be bootable with some amount of data change written to it. Make note of the files which did not restore correctly. Remove the Datto Utilities stick from the target hardware, and check the bootability of the production machine. If the production machine boots, you may be able to recover the missing files from a file restore or iSCSI restore.
If you determine that you need to run the rollback again, perform the following steps:
1. Ensure that the target hardware meets the requirements listed in Rapid Rollback: Getting Started.
2. Ensure that the network environment meets the requirements listed in SIRIS, ALTO & DNAS Networking and Bandwidth Requirements.
3. Ensure that you have selected a compatible restore point. Attempt the rollback again.
If you find no issues, or if you corrected issues and the rollback continues to fail, boot the target hardware into the Datto Utilities environment, and contact Datto Technical Support for further assistance.