How do I add a user in Backupify G Suite Classic?
- Datto SaaS Protection Classic for G Suite
- Backupify Classic for G Suite
1. Click Add Users within the user summary section of the dashboard.
2. A page will load featuring three tabs: Manually Add Users, Upload CSV, or Add by OU (organizational unit). Choose the appropriate option.
Manually Adding Users
1. Select up to 100 users or select all by clicking the Name check box. Use the search box to find specific users in the list.
2. Click the Add Accounts button to move the users to the Accounts to back up column.
3. Click Save.
Uploading a CSV file
The CSV file must meet the following criteria:
- A header value in Row 1, Column 1. It can say anything, but it must be one word and lowercase
- The rows following the header in Column 1 should contain lowercase email addresses of the users to add. Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection will automatically skip users that are already protected
- Column 1 must only contain the header and email addresses, both completely lowercase. No empty cells or capital letters
- All email domains must match the domain name you are uploading to, or be a sub-domain on the account
1. Click the Upload CSV tab.
2. Browse and select the CSV file with the list of users to add and follow instructions to create the accounts.
Adding users by Organizational Unit (OU)
1. Click the Add by OU tab. Only OUs that have users in them will appear as options.
2. Select the OU to add.
3. Click the Add Accounts button to move the group to the Accounts to back up column.
4. Click Save.
Adding users for Enterprise and Enterprise + Partners
Enterprise and Enterprise+ customers can also add users via our Google Apps API by visiting API Documentation on the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps website.